Opening of the Visa Application Centre in San Francisco
To better welcome the public and reduce waiting times, the Consulate General of France in San Francisco outsourced the collection of visa applications to VFS Global.
On June 27, 2018, the Visas section of the French Consulate of San Francisco has been replaced by the contractor VFS Global. Starting on that date, visa applicants residing within the San Francisco consular jurisdiction must proceed as following:
1. Create an account and fill out your application form on the France-Visas platform. Don’t forget to print out your application form and gather the supporting documents as indicated by the visa wizard in order to compile a complete application.
2. Book an appointment with VFS Global, using the link “Set up an appointment” that appears at the end of the application procedure on France-Visas, and pay a service fee online. To facilitate the process for students and others who do not live near the VFS Global center, a mobile biometric service may be offered for an additional fee.
3. Go to the VFS Global center in San Francisco on the day of your appointment with your complete application and a means of payment.
Only the Visas Office in Washington DC will remain operational to process the applications collected by VFS GLOBAL.
- If you want to apply for a visa or get more information, please visit the official portal France Visas.
- If you need assistance, VFS GLOBAL operates a call center available at 212-784-6157 or 347-252-3055.
- If your situation requires you to contact the visa Office at the French Embassy, we ask that you write to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not call the French Embassy or your local consulate.