Short stay visa for scientists, researchers and teachers
U.S. PASSPORT HOLDERS NO LONGER NEED A SHORT STAY SCIENTIFIC VISA (LONG STAY STILL APPLIES). AS INDICATED ON YOUR CONVENTION D’ACCUEIL, WE DO NOT NEED TO STAMP IT IF YOU DO NOT NEED A VISA.
Processing time depends on your citizenship.
Applications cannot be processed more than 3 months ahead of time.
1. Original passport or travel document (+ ONE COPY of the identity pages). Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, be valid for at least three months after your return to the US and have at least 2 blank visas pages left.
4. One ID picture glued/stapled onto the application form
5. Original "Convention d’accueil" (equivalent of a work contract) provided and stamped by your host in France and stamped by the Préfecture + 2 COPIES
6. If you are not a US citizen : residency card or valid visa to the United States, with valid I-20/IAP66/I-94, advanced parole document.
We do NOT accept applications from B1/B2 visa holders. They must apply in their country of residence
For Camerounese citizens willing to enter Germany, please note that you must present a valid Camerounese Identity card.
7. A self-addressed prepaid EXPRESS MAIL envelope from the US POST OFFICE ONLY - NO FEDEX / UPS / AIRBORNE EXPRESS accepted.You may use one envelope per family if you buy `flat rate`
8. ROUND TRIP E-TICKET OR RESERVATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL SHOWING THE DATE OF DEPARTURE TO and RETURN FROM EUROPE
9. A self-addressed prepaid envelope with a tracking number from USPS OR FEDEX ONLY. You may use one envelope per family. You don’t have to provide an envelope if you prefer to pick up your passport when it is ready. For FedEx, you must choose the option “BILL RECIPIENT”, not “BILL SENDER”.
Please keep copy of your tracking number (as we are not going to do so), stick the mailing label on the envelope and fill out like this :
88 Kearny Street #600
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108
Your full name
• The consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant.
• Please be aware that submitting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
• Please note that holders of visas are still subject to immigration control upon first entry into France. The visa itself does not grant the right to enter France.