How to Apply?
- If you already hold a Schengen visa bearing the mention "VIS" on it issued less than 5 years ago or a visa issued by the French Consulate after January 2017, you don’t have to apply in person (even if this visa is expired, or if it is in an old passport). In that case, you may apply by mail. Please mail us your completed application form along with a copy of all the supporting documents as indicated on the website.
Your application documents shall also include :
a copy of your Schengen visa with the “VIS” mention
a credit card authorization form for the fees
a self-addressed prepaid envelope with a tracking number (from USPS OR FEDEX ONLY, with the mailing label fill out as indicated below).
Please do NOT send us your green card a photocopy of it will do.
Please note that “VIS-0” is different from “VIS” and is not eligible for this process.
APPLICATIONS BY MAIL NOT MEETING THIS REQUIREMENT WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER .
88 Kearny Street #600
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108
Your full name
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION FORM
- (Word - 30 kb)
- If you are not holding a previous Schengen visa with the mention “VIS”, are residing in our jurisdiction and are over 12 years old, you must appear in person at our Consulate in San Francisco. The reason is that our Consulate is now connected to the VIS (Visa Information System) that requires the collection of biometric data: ten fingerprints and a picture. These will be taken in our office after the interview. No Exception.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION: If you are a French National and you wish to make an appointment to apply for a passport or a National ID Card, click here!
- The visa section is open to the public on an appointment basis, with no walk-ins allowed.
- No appointment can be made by phone or by e-mail. If you are not able to attend, please free a slot by canceling your appointment.
- Make sure you bring all the required documents when coming to the Consulate General.
- As slots are limited, it is strongly recommended to book as early as possible.
- An appointment taken on the website platform for a passport renewal, strictly dedicated to FRENCH Nationals, cannot be used in any case to apply for a visa.
If you need a VISA to France, click here to make an appointment.
Please note that due to the peak season you might experience difficulties to find an available slot. However, please note that our appointment booking system IS WORKING and that our complete and reinforced team is already doing its best to accommodate as many people as possible.
You can check our appointment system regularly as there may be some cancellations. We also add extra appointments on our schedule every day to follow the demand. Please remember that you can’t apply more than 90 days prior to your departure and that you can’t book an appointment with us more than 50 days in advance.
During peak seasons, WE WILL NOT REPLY TO EMAILS REGARDING APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING. If we are at full capacity, the system will notify you.
In case of justified medical or professional emergencies ONLY, please send us an email including a letter from your doctor or a letter from your company at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org