Short stay visa for airline crew members
No, if you are a citizen of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or from:
|San Marino||South Korea||United States|
*Yes, if you are citizen of any country not listed above.
Note that you may only apply for a visa at the Consulate General of France in San Franciscoif you are a resident or based out of Alaska, Northern California, Guam, Hawaïi, Idaho, Montana, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington,or Wyoming.
3. Processing time
Processing time depends on your citizenship. 2 weeks is the average processing time if you are a citizen from :
|Qatar||US Re-entry permit||US Refugee travel doc|
|Yemen||United Arab Emirates||Vietnam|
Applications cannot been processed more than 3 months ahead of time
1. Original passport or travel document (+ ONE COPY of the identity pages). Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, be valid for at least three months after your return to the US and have at least 2 blank visas pages left.
4. One ID picture glued/stapled onto the application form
5. If you are not an american citizen, a valid U.S. permanent residence card ("green card") or a valid U.S. visa with valid I-94 / valid I-20, or an Advance Parole document.
6. Recent fully typed letter from your employer confirming which airport you are based out of.
7. Photocopy of your airport I.D. card
8. Photocopy of your driver’s license
9. A self-addressed prepaid envelope with a tracking number from USPS OR FEDEX ONLY. You may use one envelope per family. You don’t have to provide an envelope if you prefer to pick up your passport when it is ready. For FedEx, you must choose the option “BILL RECIPIENT”, not “BILL SENDER”.
Please keep copy of your tracking number (as we are not going to do so), stick the mailing label on the envelope and fill out like this:
88 Kearny Street #600
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108
Your full name
The visa issued will be valid for up to 5 years, according to the expiry date of your passport.
6. Important information
• The consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant.
• Please be aware that submitting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
• Please note that holders of Schengen visas are still subject to immigration control upon first entry into a Schengen country. The visa itself does not grant the right to enter the Schengen space.