Short stay visa for diplomatic and official passports holders
YES, except if you are a citizen from Switzerland, Vatican, San Marino, Monaco, Andorra, the European economic area or from the following countries:
|Argentina||Armenia ||Australia||Azerbaijan |
|Benin ||Bolivia||Brazil ||Brunei|
|Gabon ||Guatemala||Honduras||Israel |
|Japan||Kazakhstan ||Macedonia ||Malaisia|
|Mexico||Morocco ||New Zealand||Nicaragua|
|Saudi Arabia ||Senegal ||Singapour||South Africa|
|Tunisia ||Turkey||Uruguay||Venezuela |
2. Processing time
For US official and diplomatic passport, the processing time can take up to one week.
For any other official or diplomatic passport, depending on the nationality, the processing time can take up to 15 days.
Applications cannot be processed more than 3 months ahead of time.
1. Original passport or travel document (+ ONE COPY of the identity pages). Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, be valid for at least three months after your return to the US and have at least 2 blank visas pages left.
3. One ID picture glued/stapled onto the application form
4. If you are not a US citizen, a copy of a valid U.S. permanent residence card ("green card"), a valid US visa with valid I-94 / valid I-20, or an Advance Parole document.
We do NOT accept applications from B1/B2 visa holders. They must apply in their country of residence.
5. Verbal note from your Embassy or the US Department of State.
6. A self-addressed prepaid envelope with a tracking number from USPS OR FEDEX ONLY. You may use one envelope per family. You don’t have to provide an envelope if you prefer to pick up your passport when it is ready. For FedEx, you must choose the option “BILL RECIPIENT”, not “BILL SENDER”.
Please keep copy of your tracking number (as we are not going to do so), stick the mailing label on the envelope and fill out like this :
88 Kearny Street #600
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94108
Your full name
4. Important information
• The consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request more documents than those submitted by the applicant.
• Please be aware that submitting the aforementioned documents does not guarantee the approval of the visa.
• Please note that holders of visas are still subject to immigration control upon first entry into France. The visa itself does not grant the right to enter France.